Did you know WordPress is used in over 75 million websites, making it by far the worlds most popular CMS (content management system). When we recently blogged about The 10 Reasons why you need a WordPress website we discussed just how easy it is to use, manage and create a great online presence for your business.
WordPress is one of the most useful tools you can use to market your business, drive more leads and ultimately get more sales for your products or services.
To help you and recap why you should make the change to WordPress, below you can read 5 pieces of additional information.
- The most popular CMS in the world: WordPress holds the largest CMS market share by far, and currently accounts for over a quarter of all websites. As a result, many users are already familiar with WordPress, requiring less staff training when building a new site.
- Open Source with room for expansion: WordPress can be self hosted (though we do not advise this), so there are no costs associated with downloading, installing, and upgrading. There are more than 50,000 WordPress plugins, such as slideshows, contact forms, SEO optimisation…
- Highly customisable for great flexibility: WordPress is popular because it meets the demands of many users with its flexible framework, which allows designers and developers to create and modify layouts and deliver beautiful websites.
- Designed for anyone, not just developers: Before WordPress became popular for website development, it was developed for bloggers. This means most of the user interface components are easy to use, and the manuals are available to easily learn how to use WordPress.
- Lower setup and maintenance costs: WordPress incurs fewer setup, customisation, and maintenance costs in comparison to other Open Source CMS like Drupal and Joomla. Additionally, it is relatively easier to find WordPress designers and developers if more customisation or development is necessary in the future.
One of the primary reasons we moved all of our customers to WordPress was the ease of which you can carry out updates yourself, and we could train up non technical users such as admin staff on how to carry out simple updates.
WordPress is a great marketing tool for your business and when used effectively can really make a difference in finding new prospects, converting them into leads and making more sales.
I hope you found this post useful, if you need help with your WordPress website call me today (01889 227 900) and lets start a conversation.